Friday, June 7, 2013

This and that

This is an old picture but we do have new bantam chicks.   Not a whole lot to report as of today.  I am still in Maine with the hubby doing some relaxation.  I have been weaving, doing homework(summer class) and reading.  We went out to a fabulous bar and grill, I had blackened chicken and alfredo, the hubby had tuna, rice, and beets.  It was really good and the people here in Maine are some of the nicest people!  Lots of trees, more than New York!  I almost hate not being able to see some flat ground, all we have seen is trees, trees, and more trees.

Crystal, this next one is for you.  The queen in the honey bee hive is larger than her worker bees, she is made by the worker bee egg and the worker bees feed her a special gel, when the hive gets too large they need another queen. I hope that answered your question, if not let me know.

Remember the contest goes on until next Friday!  Good luck. Have  a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Trees imagine that! I think Maine is like Minnesota except they have more rocks. What kind of summer class are you taking? Have fun weaving:)

Terry and Linda said...

You have fun...breaks away from stress are always nice!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

lisa said...

connie, I had to take intro to sociology. yuck!

Crystal said...

Oh thanks, that explains a lot. Funny how I think I a little about a lot of stuff until I really start thinking and then realize how little I really do know!

I feel like when we go up to Northern Alberta thats what its like, trees trees and more trees, the only places that arent covered in trees have been cleared.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

And here we have views that go on forever. When we lived in South Carolina, there are trees that go on forever. I was always getting lost because there was no points of reference, like we have here.

Sounds like your enjoying your time there in Maine.

~Lisa