Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday already

Seems like one day runs into another.   Winter blues are setting in.  I want to do lots outside and for me it is not conducive to being outside for  long.  I hate the cold and so does my skin.  I get cold and the skin starts drying out like instantly!    I can put lotion on every hour and still have cracked hands and heels.

Now that I have a new heater for up in the barn, hopefully I can keep it warm enough out there that I can get some more weaving done!   Watch and read some of my horsemanship literature.  

Today is going to be a nice day, the daughter is working all day and the son is off skiing for the day and the hubby is working the weekend and I have the house all to myself along with the two dogs and two cats.   Not feeling all that well so I think I will be curled up in my chair with a book for a while then maybe this afternoon out to the barn!   Hope you all have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

gtyyup said...

Sounds like a perfect day to relax and just take it easy...hope you get to feelin' better soon~

5 Starr's Farm said...

Hi Lise, You have my permission to take the day off ..LOL

The header photo is beautiful.

Kathryn said...

Hi there - catching up on reading being several days behind.

Those icicles are simply amazing! Hope you stay warm and have fun with the reading.

Our air here is very dry and especially in the winter it is trying. I posted a while ago on my aloe vera/vegetable glycerin spray. I've begun using it all over after my shower - and it has made such a difference to my skin! I no longer have the dry patches and my legs don't itch as they did.

Hope you are surviving winter well - and here's to the coming spring! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! The house all to yourself?

Enjoy!

~Lisa

DayPhoto said...

AHHHH the joys of a house all to your self....bliss!

Get well soon!

Linda
http://coloraodfarmlife.wordpress.com