Monday, May 16, 2011

Bedraggled ?



Who knows if I spelt that right or not and don't care, you get the right idea! This is one of the new birds that we are getting to our bird feeders! It is a Rose- Breasted Grosbeak, and he is pretty darn wet and ruffled. I also saw for the first time a couple of days ago, a Baltimore Oriole! The hubby said last year we had the Red Bellied Woodpecker but I didn't see them and we have them back this year also! Pretty cool to see all the different birds instead of just the sparrows and finches!! Hope you all have a great day.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

threecollie said...

Great shot! Right after I talked to Matt a pair showed up here too, but I certainly can't get that close to them.

Far Side of Fifty said...

They love the black sunflower seeds and will eat you out of house and home..we have a few around here. We set out grape jelly for the Orioles..they love it! :)

lisa said...

threecollie,
I took the picture through the window, I was surprised it stayed long enough.

Connie,
I am glad you said something about the jelly, I will have to try that, I was told they like oranges too!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Good photos. I miss seeing Baltimore Orioles from when we lived back east. I don't think we even have them in New Mexico. Lucky you. :)

~Lisa