Friday, August 10, 2012



Went for a walk the other day out on the fringes of the field,  but before that I let the horses on the other pasture.   I figured that I would rather walk and get some exercise on my own land rather than going to some walking path in town.  We have some great scenery and maybe I will see some wild life,of course that didn't happen.   We don't really have that much property that would hold a lot of animals.  I did take a lot of pictures of wild flowers though, and  I will post those tomorrow. 

The horses don't have a whole lot of grass to graze on, the rain hasn't been plentiful enough to get the grass to grow fast enough.  It doesn't help when I only have three very small pastures to rotate them on all summer long.  They were excited to get out on the better grassed field again.  

Not much going on.  We are finally getting much needed rain today.  It does look like the rain is not going to let us get the rest of our hay made though.  We will get more rainy days rather than dry days.  Which doesn't leave much time to get hay made in between the wet and dry days.    Sounds like we are getting plenty of  rain but the thing is, the rain we get, isn't really all that much to last long enough; but get just enough to prevent making hay.   If that made any since to you.

So, that pretty much makes up my last couple of days.  Adding in the physical therapy that I have twice a week.  Yes, you are right, no pain, no gain.  I would really rather not go through the pain though. 

In the pictures of the horses, you see that Sirocco has his mask on but Annie doesn't.  Sirocco loves to take her mask off and so far he hasn't figured out how to get his off yet, but if he could it would be off.  I can not keep Annie's on because of Sirocco (little piss ant!) 

Hope you all have a great day.

4 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I would love to have a couple hundred acres to hike and explore whenever I couldn't get out to hike or ride in the National Forest. Your little hike sounds wonderful.
Frustrating about the hay and rain situation.
Our monsoon season isn't very good this year and the rain is mostly sprinkles coming every other week or two.
We need about a month of heavy steady rain every day to make a different in our New Mexico drought.

~Lisa

Far Side of Fifty said...

The Physical Therapy should get better..hopefully it doesn't hurt too much. Sounds like a nice walk:)

Crystal said...

Nice walk, might as well walk at home less travel that way. I have always worried about other horses pulling off fly masks too so my horses don't get one.

Cheyenne said...

Hey, popped over from Crystal's blog...and your photos are absolutely stunning. Seriously! I thought you did a great job with your son's senior pictures as well!! Nature AND people...you've got talent!