Tuesday, August 12, 2014

This n that

Another day in paradise.   It is raining a nice steady rain, that makes you want to just stay curled up in your favorite chair and enjoy what you love to do.  Mine is reading!  Alas, that is not what I am doing, of course, I am still trying to get through the house and get rid of things that we have not seen in a coons age.

First thing this morning was going to the fairgrounds and entering Sirocco in the fair.  Brian is going to show him in 5 western classes during fair week.   I have never shown a horse in my life, so I am leaving that up to Brian for this year and he can school me in the art of how to show a horse.  I will be there listening and watching and learning, what it is all about!  I rode Sirocco for the first time last night since he has been at the trainers.  He has come a long ways.  I was not nervous and very ready to ride and see how well he listens to my suggestions.  He did great, he did not put the fear of god into me once.  (thank you)

We had a family reunion Sunday and we did the meat for the occasion and it went well.  We had a lovely day for it.  

Hope you are having a great week.

2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Oh! EXCELLENT!!! I'm so happy that he has done so well!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yippee you are riding!! You rock:)