Monday, April 4, 2011

SVF

That is the name of the farm,  not much going on today.   I just get to go and have another root canal done.  Lucky me, NOT!  Hopefully it will be the last one for quite some time.   Had quite a scare over the weekend.  My dad had a heart attack and he was very lucky because he called and they got to him before it got worse.   There was a blockage in the largest artery in the front of his heart and it is one of the blockages that they call the widowmaker because most of the time people die of this particular heart attack!   He does still have a blockage in one of the arteries that is in the lower part of the heart that is 60 to 70 percent blocked and they are going to try and fix it with medication.  Not a good phone call to get at 10:00 at night that is for sure.  But he is doing really good now and hopefully he will get to come home today.   I live over 800 miles from home and that makes it a lot harder to handle because I can't just drive over and it wasn't fun because the hubby just happened to be at work also, and that is three hours away.  I have a fantastic mother-in-law!   I called her and she got me settled down.  I married into one of the best families ever!  Not to often people can say they love their in laws!  

The weather is rainy here today but it sure is nice to be into the spring season finally, but I never rule out a flurrie or two!   We have gotten snow in May before.  We are supposed to get mostly 50's this week and not down to freezing at night which is good.   I might actually get some horse time in, next week.   This week the post will be mostly written as I am going down to the city to be with the hubby for the week.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

threecollie said...

Believe me Lisa, your inlaws love you too. You take care!

DayPhoto said...

I am so happy for you that your Dad is doing good. I lost my father from a massive one...

Enjoy your week in the city!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Crystal said...

Wow thats scary! glad he is okaythough.

Weather sounds pretty nice there, supposed to be nice here for a week or two, maybe it will melt some snow.

lisa said...

threecollie, Thanks!

Linda, I hope to. I am going to be studying my horsemanship dvd's and cleaning the guys house for them.

Crystal, it is warmer but we are supposed to get rain all week, but I will take that over snow any day!

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. I can't even imagine how you felt. Glad to see things are looking up. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

lisa said...

Kelly,
Thank you, he is home and doing good!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Scary..I am glad your Dad is going to be Ok. Have a fun time cleaning for those guys..hope you get some "me" time too in the big city:)

Anonymous said...

Praying for your father.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Whew! I'm glad your Dad is ok. That would have freaked me out, especially late at night. I don't think I would have been able to fall asleep the rest of the night!

You are lucky to have terrific in-laws, but I might be luckier....I don't have any. Hubby's parents all passed away before I even met him. And we are both only-children.

~Lisa