Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back in the city

Not much going on, came down to clean the house for the guys again.   Went shopping for the hubby.   Rained the all the way down, but now today it is sunny and a very beautiful day, not to hot and not too cold!

Went to the college and talked to an advisor and just like I thought, my math and writing skills are just atrocious!!  So, I will be taking beginner Algebra and an introduction class in writing!  Hard to believe that when I was in school, English and math were two of my favorite subjects.   I guess that is what happens when you are out of school for over 20 years!   I am going to have classes three days a week from 9 to 2 in the afternoon and one class on Thursday for one hour.   I am defiantly nervous!  I really hate the thought of going to school with all those young kids!  

Not much going on the farm, same old stuff.  I hoping to be able to get some weeds pulled in the garden pond area and things cleaned up and the pumps in the water and hopefully before the end of the month get the fish back outside.   I having two 50 gallon fish tanks in the house.  We bring in the fish at the end of the summer, but I am hoping to get a much bigger pond dug this year so we can leave the fish outside next year rather than bringing them in.   I have been wanting to get some riding time in but the weather has been pretty wet and rainy.   We have butchered two of our beef cows and boy they sure taste good on the grill.  

Hope you all have a great day.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Mmmm, beef just in time for BBQ season. You are brave going to college again, I would like to, but its so far away (and it scares me a little to think of the studying)

lisa said...

Crystal,
Scares me too! I am glad to have a college kid at home still ;)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Lisa, You will be just fine..I went back to college at the age of 45. It was one of the best experiences of my life. Just smile and be yourself..and sit in the front row..all the kids that are serious about school sit in the front row.
I am very envious of you..I could have stayed at College forever..but life got in the way..or I would probably still be there. I loved the campus and all the energy:)