Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Before and After







Posted by PicasaAs you can see we had a weed patch until the hubby took the big ole tractor spread some fertilizer (horse poop) and then plowed it and wah lah fresh plowed garden!   We didn't get the time last fall to get it cleaned up and then with all the rain we got this spring it was just dry enough to work it finally and then the hubby rototilled and now we are ready to plant!  We won't need all the ground this year as we still have plenty canned and frozen goods to last this year also but we have a few things that need to be put up like pickled beets and corn.  The rest is going to be for fresh pickins this year!  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Makes my garden look tiny, but it's big enough for the two of us. I still have beans in the freezer, but everything else is used up.

5 Starr's Farm said...

I'm with Shirley, didn't seem big enough when the kids were home, now it's just right....... I'll bet it is easier.

Linda said...

I like the idea of using a spreader.......the Bossman just dumps me a load of crap and I get to rake it around.

Heather at Dusty Bay said...

Lucky for you with the tractor to help!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have been busy! Looks like a nice sized garden! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Nice looking garden...ready for planting!

~L