Friday, August 5, 2011

We got up to nice sunny skies and the day before had predicted no rain on Wednesday, should of known that the weather man can't predict the weather right to save his sole!  It started out nice and sunny and by the time we got ready to bale hay this is what the sky was looking like and of course you have no choice but to bale as much as you possibly can before it hits!  We did get around 200 bales in, which isn't much really and we still had hay left laying on the ground when the rain hit and it was a good thing I had went to town to get tarps to cover the hay wagons because we did not even have time to unload. 
The hubby taught me how to rake the hay, I have baled and mowed but never raked, so, now I know how to rake.  Everyone says raking is easy but I don't know if I like it as well as mowing.  The son was on the back of the wagon to try to stack as many bales as possible without having to stop and change wagons.  I love working on the farm but I have to say that it is great to have the son big and old enough to start helping with some of the bigger jobs!  

Hope you all have a great day.

2 comments:

Jeffro said...

Big bales rule! Ya gotta move 'em with machinery, and hydraulics are our friend. Otherwise, the "small" bales are work, and the last I checked, work is a four letter word!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is the way we used to do it when I was growing up..except we stacked all the bales..it is hard work:(