Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hunting Season


As you can see the guys do more scouting out back to see if any deer tracks are around. This year they have decided to put hay wagons out in the field and stack some hay on them and make shields to hide them from the deer and hopefully they can see some out in the fields. The son likes to turkey hunt but no sounds or evidence of those either! They haven't been too lucky in the past years of getting anything. I always keep my fingers crossed for them but no luck yet. Maybe this will be the year. I have to still take my hunter safety course before I can go and hunt with them. I told the hubby I would go out and just sit and listen for him because sometimes he doesn't hear the deer until they are right up to him. I can hear a whole lot better and maybe I will hear one coming before he does and then he can be ready when it comes into sight.

Hope you all had a great day.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Crystal said...

We have lots of deer around here, saw two really nice bucks last night. Of course one less doe after I hit her with the truck.

5 Starr's Farm said...

Hi Lise, I've been visiting, just haven't left any comments. No luck with hunting here either. The deer are on the move. We have lots of turkeys, just can't get close enough to get pictures.
Your new weaving project is great...

Far Side of Fifty said...

Lots of deer here and turkeys too..I can feel the "W" word in the air:(