Wednesday, January 11, 2012

As you can tell by the cows, I think it is still mud season here.  One day the ground is hard and the next thing you know it is raining and the ground is muddy again!  The horses are even hard to keep clean.

We are supposed to get rain, sleet, snow you name it, we are getting it.  I think I would almost prefer snow to all this!  I have to say though that I am glad not to be getting what they are up in Alaska!  I feel for them up there that is for sure, that I would not wish on my worst enemy (well maybe). 

I got a letter in the mail today from the college telling me that I made the Deans List!  Not bad for an old lady that has been out of school for 25 years!
I am glad that I went shopping, I now have some new shirts for celebrating!!

You all have a great evening!

6 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Wonderful! You need to pat yourself on the back and do a big dance around your living room!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Callie Brady said...

Wow! Congratulations, Lisa! Celebrate! Have some fun!
And it is great that you are getting some winter weather. It is dry and warm out here. I hope we are not going to skip winter altogether.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I figured you made the Deans List..great letter to get in the mail and spur you on for the next semester! You did great!! Yes you should celebrate!! We still have just a skiff of snow..I can still see the grass in most spots :)

Anonymous said...

Well that snow you wished for is here. I had to drive Dad to Schenectady early this morning for his pre-admission testing. It was a nightmare. Cars in the ditch all along the way. We made it on time, but some of the workers didn't get in, so we had to wait. We are home safely now, but I sure don't want to do that right away again!!!! Love Mom

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

We still have hardpacked snow on the ground and lots of ice and mud, but at least we're getting a reprieve for a little while from all those blizzards were kept getting.

Wow! Dean's List!!! Congrats!! What an honor!!

~Lisa

Shirley said...

I assume Dean's list is the same as the Honor Roll in Canada- so congratulations! All that studying has paid off.