Tuesday, June 5, 2012


The tree swallows are one of our favorite birds, along with the Barn Swallows that we get during the summer months.  They eat a lot of those pesky bugs that we get. 

We have been getting a lot of rain that has prevented up from getting our gardens in, I am actually getting itchy to get it done and it really irritates me that we aren't getting it in.  I am not going to have that big of one this year.  I do need to do lots of tomatoes, that is one thing that I use a lot of during the winter months.  Hopefully the ground dries out to get things in before it gets too much later in the month.  Our gardens have been steadily getting smaller, with the kids both getting to the point of not being home as often, we don't need as much.  Which means less work for me, that is good! 

Hope you all have great day.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

We get lots of barn swallows arouind and even though i hate the nesting on the house, the amount of mosquitos they eat is worth having a few ugly nests around I guess.

5 Starr's Farm said...

I enjoy all the different birds, lots of nest and babies now. Poured rain here yesterday, say on the water bill a little. Less work......Yahoo !!!

Shirley said...

Wet here too but I did get the garden in last week. We have a lot of starlings but not many swallows.