Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Gadget!

We went to get gas in the hubbies company truck and stopped at a new antique shop in town and look what we bought!  It is an antique Crystal coffee grinder, it was missing a lid (which we supplied) and the bottom glass (trusty canning jar, which we supplied again).    Other than that, it is in great shape.  We just had to go right to the local grocery store and buy whole bean coffee and give it a try.  It worked beautifully and the coffee was amazing.  Hard to believe the difference in taste from ground to whole bean coffee.  I am now hooked on fresh coffee.  We even got a deal on it.  The guy wanted 70 dollars and we got it for 40!  We did buy some other things, like a cast iron dutch oven with lid and no legs(mine all have legs).   Now I have a dutch oven that can be used on my stove and in the oven.

Hope you all are having a great day.

4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Love your old tractor! And what a cool find...don't let the American Pickers know...they will want it!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cool..and what a great buy! :)

Crystal said...

I love it! So much more personality than the electric ones from nowadays

Linda said...

I've always wanted one of those.....I have an old wooden one that I used for years.