Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lesson #3




The top picture is how the warp is wound onto the beam on the loom.  Once the warp is wound onto the beam, the I have to tie each thread to the old threads from the last warp that I did. (NOTE:) The only reason that I am able to tie the threads together is because I am going to use the same design that I used for the last towels for my dish(wash) cloths.  The only thing I had to do was take some threads out of the old design because my cloths are going to be narrower than the towels were.  I tie over hand knots and as you can really see now is the cross that I talked about and how they keep the threads separated for me and in order.  Once I have the complete warp tied I will pull it through to the front of the loom.   More in the next lesson.

Hope you are having a wonderful day.  I got the call this morning that the niece is in the process of having the baby.  Most of you know threecollie, and that is her daughter!   We are all excited and can't wait to hear the news that Peggy Ann has arrived!  Have a wonderful day.


3 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Oh! I wondered why Marianne hadn't posted anything today. Tomorrow I know we will get to see Peggy Ann!

You are so talented! I would get everything so confused. I love my towels...I use them for company. Have washed them once...they washed nicely!

Linda
http//coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Shirley said...

I think if I saw this being done I would grasp the concept better. It sure is a lot of prep work, but the end results are great! I love my tea towels!
Congratulations to the new mom!

Far Side of Fifty said...

A baby to spoil..how wonderful! :)