Wednesday, June 29, 2016


It has been a pretty busy spring and summer.   The guys have been getting engines  up and running for the engine shows this year.  I have been working and trying to get Sirocco and I, so, that we can enjoy our time together without fear and anxiety.   Work is going great, have been busy learning the job.   I have also started going to the gym to work out and try to build up a little muscle.  The last time I lunged Sirocco he pulled the rope out of my hands and I went down to the ground and pulled lots of muscles, that is when I decided that I had to get myself back into shape!  I have been doing way too much sitting.   A job that requires you sitting most of the time doesn't help any!

My sister and mother are coming for a week long visit from Illinois, this week.  I now have to try to get the house clean enough, so that they are comfortable.  I have had my sisters son, (my nephew) out for the last couple of months.  It has been great having him here!   So, needless to say the next week is going to be a busy one.  We are hoping to be able to take out the boat for the first time this weekend.

We repainted our back deck, now we have a great place out back.  The porch and the patio are one of the best features of the whole house!  I think, if I could, I would move outside on the porch.  :)

Hope you are having a great week.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Love your header photo! Did you know that the Loon is the bird on our $1 coin, and of course we call it the Loonie.
My job is sitting all the time too, it sure got me out of shape; good thing I'm retiring at the end of this year.

Crystal said...

I too sit a lot, specially in the winter in the summer no time to sit lol. Summer here is going way too fast as well seems like its so short we need to get everything in

Far Side of Fifty said...

What fun to hear and see those engines working!! Have a good time with your company. I dusted upstairs and changed sheets today and straightened up...I should leave a note...see dust...grab a rag:)

threecollie said...

You make me tired just reading what you do! lol

Callie Brady said...

Have fun at the gym. Sirocco sound like a handful. Have a great visit with your family. I have always loved porches...enjoy!