Sunday, June 14, 2015

Rock of Ages

I spent the day laying washed river rock down on my patio.  The top picture is before and the bottom picture is after.  I started this morning around 9:30 and finished around 5:30 this evening.  I shoveled around a ton and a half, shovel by shovel full.  But I got it done, and it looks great!  I still have to decorate, by putting some big rocks and garden statues and so forth down.  We still have to fill in the gazebo area with blue stone yet.  I will be going to get some of that next week and hopefully when the hubby is home we can get it done.   I will be a hurting unit tomorrow, but it was worth it.

Hope you had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looking good and that is a lot of hard work! Those clouds in your last post look a little scary:(

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

Looking good Lisa. I can't wait to come and sit in the gazebo. We did so enjoy sitting on your back porch last Sunday, It was nice watching the humming birds and all. Love, Mom

Crystal said...

Wow thats one long day of shoveling. You need a day off after all that work! But looks super nice....so worth it :)